Is Eloping Right For You? | How To’s From Destination Wedding Photographer
Planning a wedding can be super hard, I totally get it. I actually tried to plan an elopement for my wedding and my husband shot it down because we wanted our grandparents to be able to come. What I didn’t realize back then was that we could have done both. I was a full-time wedding photographer when Colby and I got married. Since then I have transitioned into a destination wedding photographer. Part of that includes some pretty epic elopements! What I wished I had known then to what I know now is that FAMILY CAN be involved!
Here are my top 5 reasons you should elope!
- You don’t get the drama lamas showing up and telling you how to spend your day.
- You get to pick your own unique experience, something fun and different.
- You can do exactly what you want to do without accommodating anyone else
- Do you or your fiancee hate being the center of attention? Not many eyes will be watching you as you try to focus on each other.
- MONEY! You get to bundle your wedding AND honeymoon! Who doesn’t love saving money to add towards an amazing trip filled with memories with those you love?
Don’t really know where to go or what places to pick? I get it. That can be super hard, but in all honesty, if you’re hiring a GOOD destination wedding photographer, they already know how to scout the area and what times to do things. Get on google and 3d map that bad boy! Find locals on facebook and ask them questions! You don’t have to have visited the places in order to know where to go and what to do, that’s the job of your photographer if all you care about is an epic location as the sun rises or sets.
Need a little more convincing? Click here to take our FREE online quiz to see if a traditional local wedding is the best fit for you or if you need to get your passport and pack your bags!